Academy MemberMap & Directions
- LOUISVILLE/JEFFERSON CTY
Judge McDonald had more than 25 years of judicial experience, before going into fulltime ADR practice following his retirement from the bench in 2004. He's since developed an active private mediation and arbitration practice, with over 2300 mediations completed, with a 94% success rate.
He has extensive experience in complex civil matters, including personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, real estate and construction disputes, and contract litigation.
- Contract Disputes
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Death
- Juris Doctor, University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law - 1980
- Foreign Law Studies - University of London, England - 1979
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, University of Louisville - 1977
- St. Xavier High School, Louisville, Kentucky- 1973
- Civil Mediation Course, National Judicial College (40 hours) - 2002
- Arbitration Course, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (40 Hours) - 2004
Memberships & Affiliations
Named one of "Louisville's Best Attorneys in the area of Mediation," Louisville Magazine 2013 and 2014. University of Louisville law instructor. Testified before committees of both the United States Senate and House of Representatives as an expert in the area of child abuse prevention and treatment.
Lectured at Harvard Law School and the National Judicial College. Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, U. S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky and all Kentucky Courts