Academy Member Inducted 2012Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced2006
- # of MEDS (as of 28/9/23)10000
- # of ARBS (as of 28/9/23)5000
Online / In-Person
- BOWLING GREEN-GLASGOW
- LOUISVILLE/JEFFERSON CTY
Pierce W. Hamblin is a partner in the law firm of Landrum & Shouse, LLP in Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky. Mr. Hamblin has also been, and continues to be, an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University Kentucky College of Law. For the past 40 years, he has taught a course in trial work and trial tactics known as LITIGATION SKILLS to Senior Law Students at the College of Law. He also teaches another course to Senior Law Students at the Law School known as NEGOTIATIONS. He is a Top Ten Super Lawyer in Kentucky and holds a 30 year “AV” rating through Martindale-Hubell which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. In 2006, Mr. Hamblin was inducted into the University of Kentucky Army College of Law Hall of Fame.
In 2000, Mr. Hamblin was appointed by the Johnson Circuit Court as a Trial Commissioner or Special Master to handle mass tort litigation in this Eastern Kentucky jurisdiction. He served in that position for several years, and is presently serving as Order of the KY Supreme Court on other special master cases.
He is a past member of the Board of Directors for the Kentucky Bar Foundation of the Kentucky Bar Association, and was the President of the Fayette County Bar Association for the year 2014. Additionally, he served as an Auditor for the Fayette County Bar Association and an Officer, serving as Secretary and Vice President.
Mr. Hamblin is a long time member of the Kentucky Defense Attorneys Association and the Kentucky Academy of Trial Lawyers. He is a recipient of the American Juris Prudence Award for both Property and Corporate Finance Law. He has been selected as a Best Lawyer of the Year for the past 14 years (2004-2018). He was recently named the 2014 and 2016 Best Lawyer of the Year for Mediation in Lexington by Best Lawyers of America.
Mr. Hamblin has spent the past 42 years litigating cases. He has tried cases throughout Central and Eastern Kentucky ranging from personal injury, wrongful death and product liability to medical/legal malpractice and municipal civil rights cases and police pursuit cases. He has defended multiple insurance companies in Bad Faith litigation throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky. He has been lead trial counsel for many insurance companies in this area of Kentucky, having been so for a number of years. He has spoken on numerous occasions to the Kentucky State Claims Association and many local Kentucky Bar Associations on the Law of Bad Faith, Trial Tactics, Opening Statements, Closing Arguments and Insurance Defense/Coverage Litigation. He has addressed the Defense Research Institute Annual Products Liability Conference on evaluation of Injury and Death Claims and opening statements for Defense Attorneys.
Mr. Hamblin is a trained and certified mediator through the Mediation Center of Central Kentucky. He has mediated over 10,000 large civil and medical malpractice cases involving multiple litigants since 1998. Mr. Hamblin was nominated and selected for the Best Lawyers in America, for multiple years, after an exhaustive peer-review study by lawyers in his specialties of mediation and arbitration. Since 2007, Mr. Hamblin has been designated as the Top 50 Lawyers in Kentucky by Kentucky Super Lawyers and Top 10 for 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Mr. Hamblin served as a Captain in the United States Army and Army Reserves with intensive training in the specialty of Military Intelligence. He was The Distinguished Graduate of the Military Intelligence Officer Basic Course provided by the Army for 1977, and he is certified both as a Tactical Intelligence Officer and a Counter-Intelligence Officer. He also received a degree in Military Law from the University Of Virginia College Of Law. Thereafter, he served as the Judge Advocate for an Army Training Brigade.
Mr. Hamblin has been a mentor for every law school in the Commonwealth for students participating in the Kentucky Legal Education Opportunities (KLEO) Programs. He has served in this program since its inception. This program provides guidance for entering law students from under-represented and diverse areas of the state.
He coached soccer, baseball, and basketball in the youth leagues of Lexington. He is married and has three of the best children in the world.
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- University of Kentucky (J.D., 1977)
- University of Kentucky (B.B.A., 1973)
University of Virginia College of Law (U. S. Army JAG School, 1986)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Best Lawyer in America in the practice area of Arbitration & Mediation
- Best Lawyer in America designated 2014 and 2016 Lexington Mediator of the Yr. Award.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- University of Kentucky College of Law Hall of Fame Inductee, 2006
- Fellow, American Academy of Trial Counsel, 2006
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2007
- Fellow, American College of Civil Trial Mediators, 2007 (Charter member from Kentucky)
- Member, Kentucky Super Lawyers, 2007-2016 (Designated as Top 50 Lawyers in Kentucky 2007-2016 and Top 10 for 2012, 2014 & 2016)
- Selected for Best Lawyers in America
- Fayette County (Chairman, Civil Litigation Section) and Kentucky Bar Association
- President, Fayette County Bar Association, 2014 - 2015
- Kentucky Defense Attorneys Association
- Kentucky Justice Association, Trial Lawyers
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (Charter Member from Kentucky)
- Recipient, 2013 Kentucky Bar Association Service to Young Lawyers Award.
- Chairman, Board of Directors Fayette County Pro Bono Program.
- Member of the Kentucky Supreme Court Veterans Court Committee
Please feel free to contact Mr. Hamblin's legal assistant, April Brooks, at (859) 514-7257 to ascertain availability. We are able to accomodate in person attendees and are able to hold full mediations via Zoom. Thank you.